You are NOT to blame
You have the right to live free from violence and
the fear of the violence
You can get help and support:
- Whether you have children or not
- Whether you want to leave your partner or not
Reasons why women find it difficult to leave a violent partner or relationship
- They think he will change
- Afraid of what he might do
- Do not want to leave the home environment
- Do not want to upset the children
- Nowhere to go
- Cannot afford to leave
- Too much in love with him
- Do not want to end the relationship
- Think the violence was a “once off”
Refuge Service Provided
We offer a confidential service and can provide safe temporary refuge accommodation.
The Refuge Workers offer emotional and practical support.
You can talk to someone in confidence about how you feel. We will listen and can inform women of options available.
‘Family Help Darlington CIO’ recognise children’s needs. Whatever the circumstances the majority of children suffer if there is violence in the home. They may be physically, emotionally or sexually abused. Most hear the abuse and often witness their mother being abused. They can also be used as part of the abuse. Refuge facilities, activities and support provided by the Children/Young People’s Workers responds to such needs.